It’s about time I got around to doing a sweet recipe. After a week of culinary trial and errors (and forgotten finished product photos!) I bring to you the Peanut Butter and Banana Fondue. This is so delicious I pretty much spooned it into my mouth as soon as the photographs were taken. You may also notice depleting fruit. Ahh such is the life of a food blogger! I imagine this would also work brilliantly as frosting for cakes but haven’t given it a try. Yummy yummy!
(Full instructions at the bottom of the page)
Peanut Butter and Banana Fondue
- 1 can of coconut milk – left in fridge overnight the cream will separate. Spoon this off into a mixing bowl. Save the coconut liquid for use in smoothies etc.
- 3 tbsp confectioner’s/icing sugar
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp banana – mashed well
- Add all the ingredients, except for the banana, into a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer whisk the mixture until thickened.
- Mash the banana very well, add this to the mixture and whisk until completely combined and a thick consistency is acquired.
- Serve with chopped fruit skewers.