Ahh the inevitable aftermath of having a power outage. Make a caffeinated and highly delicious smoothie! After the power comes back on of course… though I kept the candles! Today I bring to you the Café à l’Orange, a smoothie based on the cocktail. Traditionally this would use an orange liqueur – I didn’t use one but I’m sure sloshing some Cointreau in there would make a very good smoothie indeed.
(Full instructions at the bottom of the page)
Café à l'Orange
- 1 banana
- 2 clementines – flesh and rind
- 3 small apricots
- 100ml soya milk – or other non-dairy milk
- 100ml orange juice
- 2 tsp freeze dried coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8tsp cinnamon
- optional: sweeten to taste – I didn’t use any
- Grate the rind from the clementines, peel and de-pith them.
- Mix the coffee with a little bit of boiling water until a paste is formed.
- Add all ingredients to the a blender and blend until smooth.